YŌL Wellbeing Programs for Intact Teams
Working from Home
Growth, connection, and wellbeing are important for your people, now more than ever. Since 2014, YOL has been supporting leaders and their teams with impactful programs that increase connection, performance, and productivity. YOL programs enable you and your teams to:
- Work more efficiently and effectively
- Align and adapt to a changing organizational strategy
- Feel better – Perform better – Grow better
- Affordable 4-8 week wellbeing programs designed for intact teams working from home
- Accessible, varied training designed for all levels that can be implemented immediately
- Programs offered synchronously, asynchronously and in blended formats
HOW THEY’RE DIFFERENT
- Integrate somatic (mind/body) practices with learning and service engagement
- Specifically developed for intact and other teams, working from home
- Designed to meet people where they are physically, emotionally and mentally
Introduction to Resilience
(6-weeks, 60 minutes, once weekly)
A mindfulness program that enhances wellbeing, reduces stress, and fosters resilience, this course offers a combination of theory, experiential practices, and practical applications.
The community we build together over six weeks fosters a deep sense of connection, communication, common humanity, and compassion. Content includes:
- Experiential practices to connect mind-body-spirit
- Research & theory of mindfulness + stress
- Working with the neurobiology of our emotions
- Tools for resilience from The Potential Project
- Practical workplace & WFH applications
Navigating “Difference” with Mindfulness
(4-weeks, 60 minutes, once weekly)
This program supports engagement in conversations at the intersection of race, class, identity, and power.
Using the support of mindfulness and other somatic strategies; we engage in challenging conversations that have the potential to connect us more deeply to the interdependence and compassion at the core of human experience.
- An introduction to the dimensions of difference within ourselves, and our communities
- Training in mindfulness and somatic strategies to maintain emotional response awareness
- Cultivation of deeper compassion for reactivity, fears and ‘shadow’ spaces
- Increased self-knowledge of what helps maintain presence during times of disequilibrium, or discomfort with others’ experiences
Introduction to Mindful Leadership
(for senior leaders and their teams)
(8-weeks, 60 minutes, once weekly)
An introductory exploration of the content covered at greater depth within the 12-month YOL Mindful Leadership Cohort program, focusing on four key areas:
- Using neuroscience principles to guide how we lead and communicate
- Exploring mindfulness, presence, and the value of trust
- Aligning your authentic style with emerging dynamic leadership models
- Activating the power of joy and compassion at work
Participants will apply concepts directly through experiential exercises that engage them in new ways of responding and interacting work contexts.
Mindful Service: Going Beyond Ourselves
(4-weeks, 60 minutes, once weekly)
Shared service engagement can have profound and long-lasting effects on a professional team. When volunteers step out of their routines and come together to work toward a common altruistic goal, this broadens perspective and cultivates a sense of purpose.
Led by YOL Director of Learning Zanette Johnson PhD, Jason Gant, and other YOL experience leaders, this program includes interactive discussions on why we serve, a hands-on volunteering project sent to each person’s home, and a local community-based volunteering experience.
Learn more about Mindful Service™ in our white paper, Mindful Service Transforms the Workplace.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
(8-weeks, 2.5 hours, once weekly)
Traditional Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is designed to bring about profound and lasting changes in the way people relate to their lives. MBSR is the gold standard in mindfulness training and the most trusted, scientifically-researched, and established program in the US.
The program offers an invitation to move toward greater balance, control, and participation in life. It introduces participants to practices for cultivating ease, resilience, and empowerment in the midst of difficult life circumstances. This may involve relating to and working with stress, pain, illness, and the many challenges and demands of day-to-day life.
MBSR was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in 1979.
Taught by Mindfulness and Resilience Instructor, David Perls.
Somatic Strategies and Mindful Movement
(6-weeks, 30-45 minutes, once or twice weekly)
Embodiment and mindful movement exercises with techniques to help participants learn how to manage stress by regulating their nervous system.
Wellbeing Reflections and Check-Ins (possible add-on)
Want some ongoing support for integration of the new practices you’re learning? We’re here to help. YOL leads will facilitate short check-ins (15 mins, once or twice weekly for 4-8 weeks) on mindfulness, stress reduction, and resilience.
Zanette Johnson PhD – Facilitator, YOL Director of Learning
Zanette Johnson PhD, YOL’s Director of Learning, helps teams increase engagement, wellbeing, and effectiveness, as they bring their shared values to life. Drawing upon her background as a neuroscientist and her 25 years as a mindfulness practitioner, Zanette teaches leaders to stay relaxed and consistent as they build alignment between their daily actions, shared values, and future goals.
Dr. Johnson holds a Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience and Religious Studies, a Master’s in Teaching, and a doctoral degree from Stanford University’s transdisciplinary “Learning Science and Technology Design” program.
David Perls – Facilitator
David Perls is an executive coach, mindfulness teacher, and leadership facilitator. After spending the first half of his career in senior strategy roles at eBay and Landor, David’s work today is focused on enhancing conscious leadership through mindfulness. His clients include Airbnb, Uber, Cisco, Sephora, LVMH, Fitbit, REI, Dropbox, Adobe, Asana, Intuit, Supercell, J&J, Whole Foods Market, Levi’s, the San Francisco Giants, Stanford University, the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Forest Service Department, and the Nature Conservancy.
David graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and is a Certified MBSR Teacher through the Brown University School of Public Health.
Jason Gant – Facilitator
A YOL facilitator and experience leader, Jason is an adversity, mental skills training, and mindfulness coach with 10+ years of experience working with students, athletes, and collegiate teams. A learning designer and experience curator, Jason’s philosophy promotes and supports healthy and inclusive communities and workplaces.
A U.C. Berkeley graduate, Jason is a Behavioral Health Educator at Kaiser Permanente, where he created the first children and teen mindfulness program, and is a certified teacher of the Search Inside Yourself Institute.